NatureUganda is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to qualified individuals irrespective of sex, color, ethnicity or affliation. We also endeavour to recruit and retain competent staff in all our programme activities. Currently, there are no job opportunities available. Other opportunities at NatureUganda include:
- Student Internships
About voluntering at NatureUgandaThank you for your interest to provide voluntary services to NatureUganda. However, we are not recruiting any volunteers at the moment. Please keep checking for any upcoming opportunities.The NatureUganda volunteer programme offers qualified personnel at the secretariat and field offices the opportunity to work with the highly dynamic staff while gaining practical expertise in the assigned fields. As a volunteer at NatureUganda, you can help contribute to achieving our mission of Promoting the understanding, appreciation and conservation of nature through a number of activities which may be assigned to you.Your enthusiasm, level of commitment, discipline, membership to NatureUganda and active participation in membership events, skills and interest in conservation activities are all you need to qualify for this opportunity.Student InternshipsThe NatureUganda Internship Programme offers eligible/qualified students at both the Secretariat and field offices the opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in NatureUganda’s work under the direct supervision of experienced NatureUganda staff.Eligibility requirements:
- You need to be currently-enrolled undergraduate or post-graduate student in a field related to NatureUganda’s interests.
- You must be enrolled during the proposed internship period.
- Your academic performance should be excellent, as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Your application for an internship should be supported by your university or related institution. A minimum requirement is a letter from one of your lecturers/professors supporting your application.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated interest in the field of conservation or natural resource management.
- Ability to adapt and work in a multi-cultural setting. Additional consideration can be given for any past participation in NatureUganda's membership events and prior membership to NU.
However, please keep in mind that even if you meet these qualifications, there is no guarantee of placement. We receive many more applications from qualified candidates than we can place. Placement is subject to availability of meaningful assignments.
If you meet the above eligibility criteria, please send your application to our contact address with a cover letter indicating the reasons why you want to do internship at NatureUganda. The application should also be accompanied by recommendation letter from your lecturer/professor.